Spain: useful information for tourists
Some official information which may be useful for tourists traveling to Spain:
1) For Spain is Shengen visa for six months. That means you can stay in Spain 90 days for six months (with the right multiple-entry into the territory of the Shengen countries using these 90 days the way you want).
2) Spanish time behind Moscow for two hours. On the Canary Islands time difference is more for one hour.
3) The monetary unit of Spain is euro.
Banks in Spain work: in the summer Mon-Fri from 8.30 to 14.30, in the winter (as well as on Saturday - from 8.30 to 13.00). Exchange offices work from 8.30 to 19.00, some - up to 20.00. ATMs work around the clock.
4) The climate in different parts of Spain is different because of the variety of relief but also because of the Atlantic Ocean which washes the country to the northwest. On the ocean coast the climate is mild but in the central part of Spain (so-called Old Castile and Aragon plain) summer is very hot and dry and winters are quite frosty. For beach rest we recommend you to go to Spain from May to September. For the sake of the trips - all year round. There is great weather on islands (Canary and Balearic) for a beach holiday all year round!
5) Transport. If you plan to rent a car you need to remember a few nuances: most of the roads of Spain are free but there are toll highways. For example it is the main highway under the number A-7 which runs along the Catalan coast.
Remember that in all cases on the road the rule of right preference is in force in the absence of other signs. Maximum speed in all areas - 60 km / h, in the suburbs - 90 km / h and on motorways - 120 km / h
6) For many tourists the Spanish siesta is often a surprise - this is a time when most shops and cafes close to the long-day break. Usually this break lasts from 13.00 to 16.00 so buy the wine in advance.