A wedding in the Czech Republic. The official registration
A wedding in the Czech Republic is a wonderful opportunity to combine a romantic wedding and honeymoon. In addition a wedding in the Czech Republic is always great photos especially if you take care of choosing a wedding photographer.
A wedding in the Czech Republic can be held in different ways:
1) an official marriage ceremony in Prague
2) an official wedding ceremony in one of the castles of the Czech Republic
3) a symbolic wedding ceremony
4) a theatrical ceremony
5) church wedding ceremony
1) The official wedding ceremony in Prague is usually in one of Ratush of Prague, in the Prague district registry office or in the Prague garden. For the ceremony you must give necessary documents in time.
2) For the official wedding ceremony in one of the castles of the Czech Republic a complete package of documents and the arrival of the newlyweds 3-4 days before a wedding are also required. When planning a wedding day it is worth taking into account that the castles are 15-70 km from Prague. And another important point is that many castles are open only for the period March-November! And just keep in mind that castles are open not only for honeymooners but for tourists too. So do not be surprised if the fifty Italians congratulate you singing an aria in their native language.
3) A symbolic marriage ceremony can take place in almost any of the castles of the Czech Republic and in your native language (translator is not required). The difference a symbolic wedding in the Czech Republic from the official ceremony of marriage is that it has no legal force. You do not get a marriage certificate but a symbolic certificate.
4) Theatrical wedding ceremony can be both formal and symbolic. It is that you are greeted by a crowd of actors in the stunning medieval costumes. They arrange the jousting tournaments, play with you and the guests joking and having fun. And "The King" and "The Queen" show you their castle apartments with great pleasure.
5) A church wedding is surely one of the most beautiful wedding ceremonies and moreover, one of the serious acts in lives of lovers. People wishing to give promise of love and fidelity before God must be absolutely serious and confident in their decision and feelings.
Orthodox churches are in both Prague and Karlovy Vary. Religious marriage in the Czech Republic has the same legal force as the official wedding ceremony. In other words after the church wedding you get the same marriage certificate which is translated into Russian and is a legalized document. A church wedding can be made for already married couples.
Documents for a wedding in the Czech Republic
A registration of marriage is legal in the Czech Republic and the marriage certificate is recognized throughout the world. Accordingly it is necessary to observe several things: to send documents to Prague not less than six weeks before the wedding (because all the documents go through a process of translation into Czech and legalization and should be given to City Hall or the castle not later than one month before registration .)
Also newlyweds should come to Prague 3-4 days before a wedding in order to visit foreign police and Matrica (which is something like the Russian Registry Office) to authorities will convinced that it is you.
Anna Zaramenskih, a wedding organizer in the Czech Republic